So the lovely Cj has tagged me with a meme. I’m supposed to share 7 things about me. And after reading her post I’ve gathered I’m supposed to share things about me not related to my career. Since my family is my career, I guess I’m not supposed to talk about them. We’ll see how well this goes.
1) I don’t know why this is so, and I can’t explain it either. The shared dumpster stresses me the hell out. Seriously. I become completely neurotic over the stupid thing. I get frustrated when people down break down boxes. It irritates me when someone throws something perfectly usable away. I just about lose my cool when people pile up their trash until it’s fallin onto the ground rather than walk an extra 4 feet to lift the lid of the dumpster next to it and toss it in a nearly empty can. You can’t even begin to imagine what Christmas day is like for me when I’m trying to throw out the trash. This year I took to playing Trashcan Tetris wherein I would take small items and stuff it into open spaces. Don’t even get me started on people tossing large items NEXT to the can rather than into them. Sharing the dumpsters with all these other people makes me insane.
2) I am 34 years old, a wife and a mother of 3. I have no idea how to manage money properly. Budget? Sure, we’ve tried that but failed miserably. We’re always playing catch up and never ahead of the game. If I actually made resolutions, I’d resolve to create a budget and stick to it. It’s faitly pathetic actually.
3) Some day when I join the workforce again, I hope to get a job at a library. I’d also prefer if the library wasn’t in California. Maybe someplace much more rainy than here. Which actually brings me in a weird way to…
4) I’m crazy for a fictional character, just like a huge population of other women who have all read Twilight. Holy cow, can I just tell you Edward is delish? Because he is. I haven’t seen the movie and I haven’t seen many images of Robert Pattinson. And the pictures I have seen don’t do the character description justice. He’s so much more. So yes, I have a massive crush on Edward Cullen, like so many others that have read Twilight. Speaking of that, I really hadn’t intended to read the book. It just kind of fell into my lap. (Thanks Kelly)
5) We don’t do much local shopping, and the local shopping we do is usually at a chain store. We’ve talked about this over and over wracking our brains over what local businesses we shop at. The first one that comes to mind is Lascari’s Restaurant. It started as a little hole in the wall place and has since expanded to first, a larger location, and then they’ve opened a quick serve deli and another restaurant location. I did buy something from The Wishing Well for Christmas. But I hardly go there a lot. But most recently Jason and Jessalyn have been supporting our local movie theater. This place is really great. They have stadium seating and first run movies for CHEAP. $4 before noon, $6 from 12-6 and $8 from 6 p.m. on. And they have a coupon on their site for a free popcorn with drink purchase. It’s crazy awesome.
6) I will never own another Windows machine again. Ever. E.V.E.R!
7) There are more people that I interact with online and actually know are real friends, than I have in “real life.” Most of the people I’m talking about I’ve been in a real live room with, so yes, we’ve actually met. But quite a few of them I think the world of, and wish we didn’t all live so far apart. (I’m looking at the ATL area and the PHX area and a few more, you know who you are.) I have a small group of friends within a reasonable driving distance who mean the world to me. But I also love the people I interact with online pretty much daily.
So there ya go, 7 things about me. I’m not going to tag anyone. If you think this sounds liek a fun thing to do, then consider yourself tagged. If not, move along,nothing to see here.